Friday 23 September 2011

Pic of the Week . . . Don Barnett

Sticking with the whole Prehistoric/Dinosaur theme this week, I thought I'd go for a pic of our ol' faithful friend, T-Rex.

This one was created by artist Don Barnett.

The Tyrannosaur is famous for its ferocity, and there were plenty of other pics that depicted this, but this one has him more serene and just happily going about his merry way. I loved the more ferosious ones, don't get me wrong, but none of them had the colourings and contrast of this piece, or the mood or the atmosphere. That's what I love about this piece, and that's why I chose it.

Enjoy and have a grand weekend...

3 comments:

  1. It looks 3D. I had to look twice to see the dino. Really nice. I gave you an award on my blog if you want to go over. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The T-Rex looks like it is listening as if hearing prey moving through the trees. The redness of the overlay brings to mind imagery of a blood-drenched mist. I like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blood-drenched mist...oh, I like that idea. I had a scene play through my mind where he was chasing something/someone and they've run and hid in the shadows. And if you look closely at the rock formation in the middle, it looks like the torso and arms of someone who has dragged themselves away...it's just rock though.

    Hey E.Arroyo, thank you so much for the award!!

    ReplyDelete