Friday 17 June 2011

Pic in the Week . . . Angels & Demons . . .

Happy Friday everyone!

Since Tuesday's post were I offered the last scene from 'The Da Vinci Code' to watch if you were interested, I have still been in a Dan Brown mood and watched 'Angels and Demons'. This reminded me that art isn't just limited to Paint Brush on Canvas, but also in Sculpture.

I follow a couple of art blogs, one especially that focuses on some amazing scultpure work, and I really admire it because it's one thing that I've never tried.

Anyway, in the film set in Rome - for those who remember and those who haven't seen it - the character Robert Langford finds a sculpture of a being half angel and half demon. It's only there for a second, but it's a spectacular sight. I've since discovered that it's not an original Roman sculpture but designed and created specifically for the film. I love this piece. Here's a quick look at what the statue actually looks like in daylight.


And here is this week's Pic of the Week.

Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. These remind me of a Doctor Who episode with the weeping angels. Very creeping looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weeping Angels! Yes, you're right! It does look like that! I love its creepiness...

    Anyone else having problems commenting on blogs?? Grrr....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Art history being one of my passions, I paid consider attention to the art work, and I had to admit I don't remember seeing that statue when I was in Rome.

    Thank you for that bit of information!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony took the words right out of my mouth... well, comment post thingy. They reminded me of that Doctor Who episode too. Weird.

    I've also come to let you know that I've given your blog an award. You can come to my Fortnight of Mustard Blog to get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I've only just become a Whovian, so all these Doctor Who references keep popping up in my head. I'm addicted, I admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yeah, and not to confuse you, but I am Tony and Tony is me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gathered you were Tony and Tony was you...lol

    I don't watch much TV but if I did, I wouldn't miss an episode of Dr Who. I think it's gripping and, would you believe, my favourite episodes are with the Weeping Angels. There's something about them that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dan Brown's Angels and Demons is by far one of the best novels I have ever had the pleasure to have read. The plotline is very gripping and will almost force you to continue reading. I recomend this book to anyone who loves the type of writing Dan Brown uses. The plot in this novel is apsolutley addicting, it really draws the reader into the text and in many scenes the descriptive detail is so great you feel like you are standing alongside Robert Langdon. I enjoyed interpreting all of the clues, durring the whole story.

    ReplyDelete