Friday 11 May 2012

Pic of the Week . . . Matt Wilson

I made a discovery yesterday - completely nothing to do with writing or art, but hey! When I was younger, back in the day when I used to borrow my older sisters' CDs as I was too young to afford my own, I used to be a fan of Shakespear's Sister (everyone remember the song 'Stay' from 1992?). One of my sisters (can't remember which now) used to have their album and I listened to it on a regular basis.

Anyway, I was mooching through YouTube yesterday and discovered that Shakespear's Sister has been revived - although now it only consists of Siobhan Fahey. Okay, their more recent album was released a few years back, but I was under the impression that they've been defunct for the last fourteen years.

So how can I describe their/her new work? It has that retro, synthasised 90's sound which I'm actually quite liking. And as for Siobhan herself? Former member of Bananarama? Well, she still looks fab for a woman in her 50's. Check out the video for one of her tracks, 'It's a Trip'. It's rather catchy in my opinion...

Back on track: Pic of the Week. I also discovered a new artist by the name of Matt Wilson. His portfolio is stunning. Be sure to check out his website for more of his sci-fi/fantasy work.

Enjoy and have a fab weekend!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Siobhan link. Excellent stuff. So to is the artwork

    ReplyDelete