Wednesday 9 October 2019

Plans for NANO . . .

Firstly, what do you think of the blog's new look? I was a little bored of the old look so decided to freshen it up.

This year, I've decided to take part in Nanowrimo. Normally during the month of November, I've used the hype to push the word count of a current project along as opposed to writing 50k words on something new. This year, however, I've decided to put effort into pastures new.

I've blogged about my supernatural horror, Rose Black, before when I had visions of writing it then, but it never took off. It's a perfect project for Nano though. So here's tiny a recap.

She's a victim of a serial killer but doesn't realise this until years later when a group of paranormal investigators release her from the spectral hold on her. Alone and confused, she attaches herself to this group, but when one of their investigations inadvertently opens a portal to something dark, Rose realises she is the only one who can fight this. She has to confront her biggest fear or watch as her new friends succumb one by one to this consuming darkness.

50k words in 30 days? Challenge accepted.

I've tried Nano before. Tunnel was originally a Nano story but I had a car accident half way through which left all my plans high and dry. I still finished it though - and published it on Amazon - but the 50k/30day thing didn't happen. This year all my efforts will be put towards writing, so I'm not leaving the house - ever - so I certainly won't be driving.

Also, watch this space come Halloween. In celebration of this spooky season, I'll be running a promotion on all my ebooks. Keep an eye on here and be sure to catch a spooktacular bargain... (see what I did there...??)

'Till next time, have fun :)

11 comments:

  1. Rose Black seems a chilling tale! I've tried NaNo a few times--haven't yet made it to 50K. Maybe someday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm aiming for chilling :) Tunnel was my first real nano attempt. Hopefully I'll have better luck this time round...

      Delete
  2. Have fun with Nano, I’ll be joining you, but don’t plan to complete it this time, just use it at my own pace to hopefully complete my next book. Good luck with yours 🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much nano fun - or stress. Good luck with your efforts. Do keep us up to date with progress :)

      Delete
  3. I like your new layout. Maybe it's something I should do myself. Last time I checked Blogger, the templates were fairly basic, but this is really good. REF Nano, it's a no no from me. It's a case of horses for courses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. I usually stick with the same layout but gave it a new background and top banner. The background was supplied by blogger this time (I did the previous) but I designed the banner. I like getting creative sometimes. Re nano, I'm just using it to give me a little break from my dark fantasy series - but not too big a break...

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the new look, I see Blogger is offering us to try out new Blogger, but I haven't yet, is it any good?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen that. I still have the blogger I've been using for years. Updating the look is really easy though. I do like that about blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just appeared in the bottom left corner of our dashboards today, says TRY THE NEW BLOGGER, I'm afraid to try it :)

      Delete
    2. oh yeah, I see it now. Hmmm...I might be with you on that one

      Delete