Monday 7 April 2014

Your Novel's Soundtrack . . .

Does your novel have a soundtrack?  Is there one song that captures every essence of your story?  Or maybe even more than one?

My new piece does.  This song manages to capture everything about my main character, Reagan, including her sexuality, her darkness and her mysteriousness.  I remember when I first heard it.  It sucked me in and within an instant I knew it was my soundtrack.  I don't know the in's and out's of the song - apparently it was about an ex-girlfriend who was sleeping around - and I'm not saying the lyrics could have been written for Reagan, but the whole feel of the song and the rhythm...

My new piece now has a title:  Blood for Blood, and its soundtrack is Inertia Creeps by Massive Attack.

Enjoy :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment